Friday, July 20, 2012

High Five for Friday - Link up, Vol. 13


Friday =


Getting right to the point with my 5 favorite things from this week:





ONE. Got to meet one of my FAVORITE fellow bloggers, Nina from peace.love. & good food. We found each other by linking up with House of Rose's Stop & Smell the Roses vlog months ago. We thought it was funny because I'm from IL but now live in Charlotte...and she's from Charlotte and did live in IL...UNTIL a few weeks ago!! :) So she's back in Charlotte, and we knew we just had to meet up. We had a blast...talking about all of our favorite blogs, shopping sites, and exchanging our life stories basically. I am so sad to be leaving Charlotte soon, because I now know that I will miss out on all of Nina's fabulousness!! ;) Oh, but so we met up at a popular local restaurant, which leads me to my next pic...

TWO. One of the best restaurants in Charlotte, at least as far as I'm concerned, is Cowfish. It's a restaurant that combines sushi & burgers. Sound strange? Well, believe me, they make it work...in AMAZING ways. I love getting the bento box (as seen in the pic above), because I get to sample everything...some sushi (shrimp tempura roll above), a mini-burger (chef's choice that week), edamame (my fav!), & sweet potato fries (yum!). I'm telling you, if you make it to Charlotte, this place has to be on your list of places to eat at!!

THREE. Some of you who have been reading my blog for awhile know that I started doing Crossfit a few months ago. Those readers might also say "Um, Kristin...you're obsessed with it!" ;) I'm beginning to feel like I post about it a lot...but it really has become a daily part of my routine...and I LOVE IT! So, I'm super excited to announce that I finally completed Fran! Fran is a workout that includes 21-15-9 of thrusters (65 lbs) & pull-ups. Now, let me say it now...I had to do a modified version of Fran. I did 45 lbs. on my thrusters (just the bar) and did pull-ups with a resistance band (and believe me, they're not pretty or precise pull-ups...I still had to jump a little). BUT, I DID IT! In 6:08, AND it started raining right as I started. Ha, that's my luck, but I'm glad to get that benchmark WOD out of the way for now. The idea of the benchmark WODs are to do them from time to time to see if/how you're improving...so although I'm glad it's over (because holy cow, it was so tough - it amazes me how 6 minutes of a workout can make you feel like you've worked out for an hour), I can't wait to do it again in a few months to see how I do.

FOUR. And as if one Crossfit-inspired favorite thing wasn't enough, here's one more! :) I can't help it...I'm so excited and proud of myself for some of the things I have accomplished with Crossfit/working out. Now, the pic is definitely NOT my favorite thing...who wants to ice their shins...EVER?! But, the reason I'm icing them is because (1) I was attempting a PR at box jumps and 'biffed', hitting both shins on weights/bumpers, but (2) Right after that (that = shouted a few curse words and maybe shed some tears), I jumped 35 inches. Ahh...icing the shins was worth it! :D

FIVE. Finally...yep, I am the proud owner of this 2-Movie Collection DVD, bought at Target the other day. I couldn't resist...my sister & I LOVED watching the Sister Act movies growing up...every time they're on TV I have to stop whatever I'm doing and watch them! Anyone else like 'em?? If you didn't know already, I am a huge movie fanatic (along with my husband), and I am all about adding to my 'childhood movies' collection!! Laugh at me all you want, they make me smile!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!

12 comments:

  1. Totally impressed by your box jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower - hope to get a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow all of your crossfit accomplishments are so inspiring!! And yay for you and Nina meeting! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl - wish you could have joined our dinner, we had a blast!:)

      Delete
  4. New follower from High Five Friday. Cute blog ;) Love for you to stop by Naptime Review and return the follow when you get a chance.

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by & following - will do for sure! :)

      Delete
  5. My favorite thing in this post is item #1, obvi :) Wednesday was so much fun- I can't wait to do it again SOON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, obviously! ;) It was, and me neither!

      Delete
  6. I am now following you from a Friday blog hop. Please visit me at msqueenfashionista@gmail.com and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get it, girl! I love reading about Crossfit - you are a beast! I am so inspired!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous posts.