Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Favorite Movies as a Kid

Okay, so this is kind of a silly post, but I thought some of you out there might relate or at least get a good laugh out of how ridiculous I am!! Well, my sister and I to be exact. She lives in Seattle and I live in Charlotte...I know, right?! Could we live any further apart?? We don't get to see each other very often, but when we are together, reminiscing and taking 'trips down memory lane' is a must. And when we think back to when we were kids, we always talk about how we were movie junkies!! Our mom was always finding movies for us, that at the time, we thought were the BEST movies EVER! So fast forward about 15 years and I started buying these movies one by one...luckily you can find almost anything on DVD these days. If it's out there somewhere, I'll track it down! It may seem super silly to own all of these movies, but for us it's enjoying a piece of our childhood as we watch them. We laugh, because honestly these are not very good movies...they're cheesy, there's bad acting, and sometimes there's not even much of a plot.
But that's part of what makes them SO good!! :P

Part of me buys them for me, I mean I usually just watch them once...but occasionally, if I'm having a bad day, I indulge again. I think another reason I buy them is to have them around for when we have kids eventually - introduce them to some of the movies my sister and I used to watch.

A Far Off Place ~ A League of Their Own ~ Adventures in Babysitting ~ Double Feature: The Babysitters Club & Troop Beverly Hills ~ Big Girls Don't Cry...They Get Even ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer ~ Bye Bye Love ~ Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead ~ Fern Gully ~ Flight of the Navigator ~ Girls Just Want to Have Fun ~ The Goonies ~ Hocus Pocus (mostly just watched at Halloween) ~ Labyrinth ~ Might Ducks I, II, & III ~ Mannequin ~ My Father the Hero ~ The Neverending Story ~ Newsies ~ Teen Witch ~ The Wizard ~ The Worst Witch



Just for Christmas: All I Want for Christmas ~ Home Alone 1 & 2 ~ Prancer ~ The Christmas Toy

There are still a few on my to-get list...

The New Adventures Pippi Longstocking ~ My Girl 1 & 2 ~ Willow ~ The Witches ~ Little Monsters ~ Mac & Me ~ The Boy Who Could Fly ~ Little Giants ~ Harry and the Hendersons

Did any of you used to watch these movies?? Can you relate? What was your favorite one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous posts.