Monday, May 7, 2012

Genius Cleaning Schedule

First off, I'm so excited that the Compassion Bloggers made it to Tanzania and have started sharing their journeys with all of us! Check out the first few blogs here:

Compassion Bloggers: Tanzania 2012



...and others here

I read both of these ladies posts late last night and had chills afterwards (especially after watching Gussy's video)...I just can't tell you enough how much I am in awe of what they're doing and hope to one day get to experience a trip like this for myself.

There are many more posts to come from these bloggers...so stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Because it's the beginning of the week, and I spent a good portion of this past weekend cleaning my apartment...I wanted to share with you this weekly cleaning schedule that I'm going to be trying out. Honestly, I hate to clean...I'm sure many of you also feel this way, so no news there. I've been fairly lucky over that past few years because I've only lived in apartments, smaller apartments at that, so I haven't had a lot of area to cover. But that doesn't make cleaning them any more fun. I realized that my problem is that I get to the weekend and have so much cleaning/laundry to do that it takes up a good portion of my weekend. And who wants that?! :( I vaguely remembered finding this weekly cleaning schedule (probably on a blog) years ago and writing it down somewhere. After some searching & digging, I came across it scribbled in an old planner of mine...so here it is:
    I'm going to try to stick to this and see how it goes for the first few weeks. My thinking is that, by spreading it out AND taking a day off on the weekend, it won't feel like I'm doing an enormous amount of cleaning. Granted, I realize that you all may live in a house with multiple bedrooms, bathrooms, etc...so you may need to tailor the schedule to fit your own home. But it is doable! I think my only other edit to this schedule would be that I tend to do some form of laundry daily or every other day...just can't get around it, especially with all my sweaty running/yoga/work out clothes. :P
     Do any of you all have any other cleaning schedules or methods that work well for you and your family?

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am following the CI bloggers!

    I love your idea of a weekly schedule for cleaning. Right now, I do a little of everything every day. A weekly schedule might be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you're following them too!! And thanks - I'm sure doing a little bit each day helps too :)

      Delete

This blog does not allow anonymous posts.