Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rockin' the Playlist

I just got back from, what's now becoming, my usual Saturday run. This morning was pretty chilly, but the sun was out which created a little bit of warmth. I bundled up (I hate being cold on a run), turned on my playlist and proceeded to run 6 miles. Here's where I hit each of my miles:

Mile 1: 12:14
Mile 2: 25:01
Mile 3: 37:17
Mile 4: 50:09
Mile 5: 1:03:18
Mile 6/Total: 1:16:24     <--------I ran a different trail (to the end and back) so I didn't run as far as last time
Avg. min/mi: 12:42        <--------MUCH better than last time

It wasn't easy...the wind in Omaha is ridiculous. It literally felt like it was pushing me back and I really had to work hard to keep on going. But, it feels so good now that it's over! :) I thought I'd share my "run" playlist with all of you, which is mostly new (and some old) hip hop/rap...yeah, anything upbeat keeps me going!

Strip Me - Natasha Bedingfield  <--my new favorite song
Not Afraid - Eminem
Love the Way You Lie - Eminem/Rihanna
Like a G6 - Far East Movement
Airplanes - B.O.B./Hayley Williams
Lips of an Angel - Hinder
Tattoo - Jordin Sparks
California Girls - Katy Perry/Snoop Dog
I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Lollipop - Lil Wayne/Static Major/Kanye
Secrets - OneRepublic
Disturbia - Rihanna
Umbrella - Rihanna/Jay-Z
Dynamite & Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz
Don't Trust Me - 3OH!3
Streetwalker - Delta Spirit
Piece of Me - Britney Spears
Uprising - Muse
Whip My Hair - Willow
Can't Be Tamed & Who Owns My Heart - Miley Cyrus
Take It Off, Tik Tok, Your Love is My Drug & We R Who We R - Ke$ha
Boom Boom Pow & I Gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas

And then mixed in with all of those are older rap songs from a mixed CD I made years ago and uploaded to my iTunes...includes Yeah (Usher), Bump Bump Bump (B2K), Right Thurr (Chingy) & Dirt Off Your Shoulders (Jay-Z).  Hehe, don't laugh...these songs all get me pumped up as I'm running, but okay, sometimes make me want to stop my run and start busting a move! ;)

Anyway, I just made some Trader Joes 'Reduced Fat' Brownies, ate some lunch and plan to enjoy the rest of this fall afternoon. I'm also hoping to get some sewing/knitting done this weekend, I have been missing my crafty time! Don't forget about Daylight Savings Time...so glad we get to add an hour onto sleep (I always enjoy more sleep) but not so glad about it getting dark so early in the day.

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous posts.