Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog Fanatic

I was super excited last weekend when I stumbled upon this book as I was moseying around Borders (I swear, I could get lost in there for hours):

A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table

Basically, I picked up the book, read the back and then realized that the author (Molly) is the founder of a blog that I follow, called Orangette. It's been listed on the side of my blog for quite some time now...so needless to say, I had to buy it. I haven't gotten very far yet, but I have really enjoyed her writing so far! The book includes recipes along with stories from her life in the kitchen. I can't wait to read more!

I just think the 'blog world' is so interesting sometimes...it's so welcoming, yet so overwhelming. And sometimes, after you have read a person's blog everyday for the past 2 months, you kind of feel as though you know them or at least know what their day has been like (which is a pretty personal thing to know). I definitely wouldn't go so far as to say that I know Molly, but it was a strange concept, picking up the book and thinking, I read about this girl's life...it's kind of like she is a 'blog celebrity'. Hehe :)

I definitely think it is beyond cool that people's blogs can start as something so small/simple and lead into books, movies, speaking careers, etc. I mean, how awesome is that?! I can only dream! Anyway, check out her blog and pick up her book if you like what you see/read.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about Stephanie Pearl McPhee (Yarn Harlot) and Laurie Perry (Crazy Aunt Purl)!!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous posts.