Friday, May 25, 2012

High Five for Friday - Link up, Vol. 7

This has been one CRAZY, BUSY week! I was traveling for work from Monday - Wednesday, got back to Charlotte Wednesday night, turned around, and drove 9 1/2 hours today heading home to IL for Memorial Day weekend. Just a mini-vacation and am excited to see lots of people...but boy, am I exhausted. I am definitely saying TGIF!


Since it is Friday, you know what that means...I'm linking up with Lauren over @From My Grey Desk for:

So let's get on to my favorite things from this week...

ONE. I successfully completed the Warrior Dash - a 3.1 mile course that includes about 11 obstacles, and yes, that includes mud pits, wall climbs and jumping over fire! :0

 Want to know more? Don't worry, I plan on doing a whole post about it once the professional pics are posted - believe me, they're going to be pretty funny! It was tough...but SO much fun!
TWO. New kitchen gadgets

Mushroom (or egg, strawberry, etc.) slicer & Burger Pocket Press (am planning on stuffing some burgers with lots of yummy cheese/veggie combos)

THREE. Smoothies!!

I am obsessed with smoothies lately...especially strawberry/banana ones that include protein powder. It's a great lunch/snack option that is pretty healthy! Luckily Charlotte has a lot of great smoothie options to choose from :)

FOUR. I made ducky magnets from the make-your-own magnets that Jenn sent me

Aren't they cute??

FIVE. My work trip took me to Lexington, KY this week...enter the Bourbon beer

 I mean, I had to try it...it was pretty good, definitely different and not something I could drink all of the time. But tasty, nonetheless!

Alright, well thanks for hosting Lauren! If you have five favorite things from this week, head on over to Lauren's blog and link up every Friday! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Congrats on completing the Warrior Dash!
    I've always wanted to do it :)

    Happy weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl...it was tough, but so much fun! You should do one sometime, for sure. Thanks for stopping over - have a good weekend too xoxo

      Delete

This blog does not allow anonymous posts.