Monday, April 30, 2012

Pet Post - Favorite Products

Have you all checked out my "doggies" page yet??
If not, when you do, you'll find lots of info. on these 2 guys:

   Harley                                         Rider

The hubby and I don't have any kids yet, so these 2 pups ARE our kids right now! Plus, they have kept me such good company throughout all of the time I have had to spend away from the hubby! Seriously, the dogs and I spend lots of time cuddling on the couch, playing tug-o-war, and attempting to get them to learn some new & impressive tricks!!

Since my daily life revolves around these guys, I thought I'd do a post featuring my favorite doggy products. Pets can be pretty expensive, but it's so important to take care of them! I try to save money when I can, but in other areas I just have to "fork over" the money. My go-to shopping places are Petsmart, Petco & Target - and luckily most of them have constant deals on 2-for-1's and/or sales on specific brands from time to time.

So first up...

DENTAL CARE


 Left: Arm & Hammer Dental Rinse Fresh Breath & Whitening for Dogs
 Right: Greenies Dental Chews

Our pups aren't too old, and we haven't yet taken the chance to get their teeth professionally cleaned. I have done research, and I know their teeth are VERY important...but I just get so nervous hearing that they will be put under - I'm sure I'm not the only one with these fears! We're going to revisit the topic of the teeth cleaning next year...but in the meantime, I use these 2 products to help with fresh breath and tartar buildup. I just pour a capful of the rinse into their water bowl daily and they can't tell a difference (it's very light). They absolutely LOVE the Greenies...they get one every morning and I swear they know what I'm talking about when I say "Greenies"! :) They're gone in seconds!

TREATS

 Natural Choice Crunchy Treats with real Blueberries, Apples & Carrots

I've been feeding the dogs these treats for about 4 years now and they absolutely love them! I alternate through the different flavors...but I think the apple ones are their favorite! They're small enough for Harley, big enough for Rider and are pretty nutritious for them!

 Purina Frosty Paws

I literally JUST found out about Frosty Paws within the past few months and knew instantly that I had to buy these for my pups. I haven't found the PB ones yet, but they love the Vanilla just the same. It's like a little ice cream cup (ya know, like the ones you buy from the Schwann's guy?!) for doggies. They're full of protein, vitamins, and minerals - plus NO sugar, artificial flavors or colors. This is about a once-a-week treat for them.

TRAINING TREATS


Vitakraft Peanut Drops

Attempting to teach them new tricks has been a challenge...Rider knows way more than Harley does. But knowing I needed a special treat to assist with teaching new tricks, I picked these up and they quickly became a favorite. I'm currently trying to teach Rider to roll-over and Harley to shake!

TOYS


Left: Martha Stewart Pets Rope Bone Toy
Right: ToyShoppe Fresh N Floss Spearmint 2 Knot

I found out the hard way that stuffed toys did NOT go over well with our doggies. Don't get me wrong, they love them, but they don't last more than a few hours...the stuffing is strewn all over the room (or worse than that, eaten) and Rider's goal is to get the squeaker out. SO, we pretty much stick with rope toys. The Martha Stewart bone-shaped ones are pretty durable and the Fresh N Floss ones are great for their teeth (massages gums & helps remove plaque/tartar buildup).

*See Martha Stewart's whole pet collection here!

CLEANERS
 

Bissell Pet Carpet Upholstery Cleaner (12oz)

Doggies have accidents...it's just a fact. My mom introduced me to this cleaner by Bissell a few years ago and it almost always 'works like a charm'. It's a foam cleanser...the foam is released when you push a button in the back of the can, and then you use the brush head to rub it into the carpet, helping to remove the stain(s). I can typically find it at Walmart.

The hubby and I are still living in apartments for now, so it has really saved us a time or two...but I just recently told him that we WILL have hardwood floors eventually! :)

Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator

This is just great to have on-hand...I use this to spray on their beds and blankets in-between washings. Smells great, and really does hide any odor.

OTHER


The Container Store's Pet Food Containers

My husband always gets onto me for leaving their bag of food open (even though it's in a closet)...saying that their food gets stale. I guess I wouldn't like it if my food was stale...so I was thrilled to come across these food containers from The Container Store (<--one of my weaknesses...I can't walk in that store without buying something). I bought the medium-sized one on wheels, and it fits perfectly in the closet, keeping their food fresh!


Thundershirt

And finally, we have the thundershirt...I have my sister to thank for this one. It's basically a very tight-fitting shirt for dogs (comes in 7 different sizes, XXS-XXL) that applies a gentle, constant pressure and has a calming effect for most dogs. So it's really supposed to help with aiding anxiety, fearfulness, barking, and more. I bought the shirt specifically for Harley...being a Chihuahua, you can imagine how he acts - he barks A LOT and gets very protective/mean/obnoxious in front of other dogs. But this shirt has helped so much - I wouldn't say that it has cured him, but he really calms down when it's on. I'd definitely recommend it for any dogs with any of the issues mentioned above!

Well there you have it, some of my go-to products for our canine pals!
What kind of things do you use with your pets? Favorite products?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One more thing...

Don't forget, today's the last day to sign-up for Suzels Says: "Coffee Mug Swap"!

 
I just got mine off to my swap buddy this afternoon...Abbie, it's on its way to you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous posts.