Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 1: A Tale of Two Yarns


Topic: Part of any fibre enthusiast’s hobby is an appreciation of yarn. Choose two yarns that you have either used, are in your stash or which you yearn after and capture what it is you love or loathe about them.

Well, the first yarn that I am going to talk about has been mentioned MANY times before on this blog. Anyone that has read my knitting/yarn-themed posts, has read about my obsession with Sunshine Yarns!! This yarn is hand-dyed by the super talented Dani and she sure knows how to dye yarn! She uses luscious base yarn (not sure what kind it is) and combines colors that just scream amazing. She also creates themed colorways, such as for characters in the Twilight series (Alice's Porsche, Esme Island, Jasper), Harry Potter series (Lupin, Slytherin Green), Alice and Wonderland (Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter), etc. It's so fun to see her interpretations of these colorways and I always check back for new items that I can't resist! :)

This is just some of my Sunshine Yarns stash!

The second yarn I'm going to mention is a new yarn that I just started working with...Mirasol Sulka. It's 60% Merino Wool/20% Alpaca/20% Silk and it is so lovely to work with!! I am currently making a cowl out of the book Mirasol Mini Knits that I picked up from a LYS. It's so soft, easy to work with, and comes in an array of beautiful colors...I highly recommend picking up some of this for your next project!

Mirasol Sulka in Snow White

1 comment:

  1. Sunshine!!! :) I love that we share a passion for Dani's amazing handpaints! I was just talking about this the other day at my LYS too. The other yarn from your tale looks super soft! I might have to try it out, heehee. :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous posts.