Thursday, December 31, 2009

Introduction

So, hooray for my first post! Basically, I've decided to start a blog to update family and friends on what is going on in my life. Hopefully you will all find it fun and interesting and will want to keep reading! :)

The title of this blog really encompasses my life over the past year. So many changes have happened to me over the last 12 months, I can't believe 2009 has actually come and gone. Starting in Jan., the love of my life graduated from Basic Training for the Air Force. I traveled with his parents to see him graduate in Texas and couldn't have been more proud of him! I traveled back to IL, back to my life in graduate school (btw, I had been in school for basically 95% of my life :0) and I just couldn't find myself happy in my situation. Cody and I had been talking about how much we both wanted to be together, and he had actually got stationed in Monterey, California (um, beautiful vacation spot) for a year while he was training. I made some decisions, decisions that I am so happy that I made now that I'm sitting here almost a year later. I decided to leave my graduate program (although I was lucky to be able to finish up a Masters of Science before I left) and moved to Monterey with Cody:



We got married in Santa Cruz, March 8, 2009:


So, here I am...been in Monterey ever since with my wonderful hubby! It has been an adventure. But nonetheless, all of the changes that I have been through this past year, I have really grown as a person. I have always been a pretty independent person, but this whole year has been a major contributor to my independence. I miss my family and friends terribly, but have been lucky to visit a few times since I left the Midwest. And being newly-weds is so much fun!! :)

Being NYE and almost 2010, I am very much anticipating what all the new year is going to bring. Now, my blog will most definitely include all of the things that I enjoy doing (e.g. cooking, knitting, etc.), but a large influence in starting this blog is that starting tomorrow, I will be venturing into the land of vegetarians. This blog will accompany me on my journey! I plan on posting more on this topic soon. But, now to end this super-long post...Happy New Year to all! Hope you have a great celebration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous posts.